Sunday, February 12, 2012

Stay Alive! - Character Sheet

BASH Con is coming up in Toledo February 17-19. At this convention, I will be running two games: by first stab at my variant T&T system for horror rules (I am calling 'Stay Alive!'), and my AD&D game.

So of course, with less than one week to wrap up my preparation, I spent the entire weekend working on my character sheet instead of actually hammering out the specifics I will need run a successful game. The one thing I was able to do is cement some basic ideas that I definitely want to explore - and the weekend development of that  character sheet did do some good there. I have a few mechanics in mind that I would like to flesh out a bit. Getting them on paper so to speak is a step in the right direction.

All those years playing around with Photoshop at work have definitely paid off - I am pretty darn happy with the outcome. The image below is a bit of tease - I reduced the image down pretty far so as to leave things a bit fuzzy. If you look closely, you will see a few things that I am doing. I already mentioned in a previous post that I was replacing Wizardry with Guts.

I purchased Jeff Freels' stock art from RPGNow (Stock Art Collection 2: ZOMBIES) to use on the character sheet and some other items I may end up producing for this project. I have to say, the images are wonderful - I am easily able to reduce or enlarge with no loss of quality. These are high resolution images that are very easy to work with.

Thanks Jeff - I will try to remember to send you an email and show you what I am doing with your artwork. I have the requested copyright for his artwork at the bottom of the page, as well as a note on the trademark owned by Flying Buffalo regarding T&T.

~JT

2 comments:

  1. Your Stay Alive work is truly awesome. I am dieing, err not dieing to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I printed some at work on the color printer - while the quality gets degraded a bit in the version I converted to PDF, the PSD version prints beautifully. I will have to play around with the PDF version a bit. There may be a better way to do it.

    ReplyDelete