Monday, May 7, 2012

T&T Mini Character Sheet

I have been working through what I want to do with a my first attempt at writing a solo adventure. One thing that I am thinking is that I will be creating rules to limit the character creation. I think it is a hard enough task to write an adventure in general when you know what your characters stats and abilities are. The whole concept of creating a solo that is adaptable for a wide range of character abilities is kind of mind blowing for me.

The 'Fighting Fantasy' and 'Lone Wolf' books are mostly successful because the limits of the characters are known by the writer. In this same vein, I will be proposing a system for solos that will offer some pre-fabricated characters, as well as rules for creation that will keep characters within the limit for what the adventure is designed for the best playing experience.

So - here is a character sheet I designed for a 6x9 page. Let me know what you think


Some of the restrictions on character creation I am thinking of are:
  • Restrict Types to only Warrior and Rogue
  • Restrict Kindred to only Human, Elf, or Dwarf
  • When playing an Elf or a Dwarf, there will be some additional rules to restrict some of kin modifiers from getting to high (set a maximum value)
  • Only carry 3 weapons during the adventure - this is more so a function of the small character sheet

4 comments:

  1. > The whole concept of creating a solo
    > that is adaptable for a wide range of
    > character abilities is kind of mind
    > blowing for me.

    You mean like "Arena of Khazan"?

    No one (not even me!) claims that it's EASY. But that it is POSSIBLE simply cannot be denied.

    I've long been frustrated, because my 5th Ed., Level 5 Mage has no Solo available to advance in!

    --The Grand Rascal,
    (a.k.a. "Glarrrn" of Trollhalla.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Content is good. Inefficient use of a printed 8.5x11 page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "So - here is a character sheet I designed for a 6x9 page. Let me know what you think"

    I designed this for 6x9, not for 8.5 x 11

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I designed this for a full page, I would definitely add additional lines for Talents and Spells for higher levels, as well as more equipment and space for money and AP. For this, I was thinking in regards to an insert for a smaller sized digest type of book, and a solo adventure - just giving the necessary stuff to play.

    ReplyDelete