Sunday, June 7, 2015

Managing the thoughts in my head

I am well into my 3rd year of self publishing. While I have officially produced 4 items, I have more than a few ideas simmering. My biggest issue is that I have three different genres jostling for my limited time: Modern Rules, Fantasy Rules, and my Gaslight Rules.

After releasing my Quick Start Rules for T&T, there was one review that mentioned having a small solo adventure included would be a nice add. I agree, so I started working on that. I always intended on doing an "On the Road..." solo based on the GM scenario I have run at various conventions over the last few years.


I then had another new player to T&T ask about different types of warriors. I answered with references to some things that others have done, but I then posted something that I started months ago regarding an Archer. I started expanding on this to a bit of a new idea that will make an appearance in the next installment of MM.


And I still put some work towards my full version of the SA! Monstrous Edition rules as the inspiration hits me as well as the solo adventure based on my Campus Chaos games...and that darn Gaslight game I want to do, but I need to get ME done first...so...someday I will be more prolific. For now, I will just keep trying to plug away.

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with the same thing. Just this past week, I changed my mind about which project I was going to focus on. For me, it's all about finding something that pulls me forward instead of something I have to push all on my own. There'll always be slow spots, and I'm not suggesting bailing out when you hit them, but it's better to be working on something that you don't have to push all the time. I think it's partly because we're used to having external pressures like tasks at the day job to provide motivation. When you're working for your own satisfaction instead, the motivation comes from an inner current that's sometimes hard to understand.

    Or maybe that's just my long-winded excuse for vacillating. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No...you captured my thoughts almost exactly

    ReplyDelete