Monday, September 28, 2015

Icons Character Generation, Part 1

I need to create my character 'Groovy Lad' for an upcoming Icons game. So I figured I would first see what I get when going with the original random character generation from the rulebooks I got in the mail this past week. Since I have not really thought to much as to what his powers would be, we shall see if this random creation actually fits or not.


Here goes...

Origin
  • Gimmick: Character's powers all come from devices of some kind (+2 to one Mental ability)
Abilities
  • Prowess: 6
  • Coordination: 6
  • Strength: 4
  • Intellect: 6 (4 +2)
  • Awareness: 5
  • Willpower: 5
Powers (3)
  • Burrowing Teleportation: 6
    • Burrowing did not seem to fit, so I rerolled on the Movement Power
  • Mental Blast: 7
  • Time Control: 6
Specialties (3)
  • TBD
  • TBD
  • TBD
Stamina: 9

Determination: 3


Now considering Groovy Lad having Teleportation, Mental Blast, and Time Control would be pretty cool, I think I would rather have his powers based on actual powers instead of a gimmick. So, I think I will be changing that accordingly, but not too bad going with the 'random' creation. Thinking that the Tme Control could be a magical artifact like a old style timepiece that he wears around his neck, but the other powers are natural/inate based on some form of background/cosmic event/lab experiment gone awry.

2 comments:

  1. He does seem a pretty groovy character. Like Metron, of the New Gods, but for the dance floor.

    ReplyDelete